I really enjoy my subscription to Eating Well. They always provide great recipes to try out. This month’s issue was no different. They shared a recipe for Creamy Cucumber, Radish & Tomato Chopped Salad and I had to give it a go!
While I stuck pretty close to the recipe I did incorporate a few changes to make it my own. I used an olive oil based mayonnaise and added some chopped celery. They say this would serve as a side dish (and it definitely would!) but I wanted to make it for my lunch this week, so I doubled the recipe to get a 2 cup serving of vegetables. I paired it with some ham and turkey roll-ups on the side and it was perfect!
Cucumber, Radish, Tomato & Celery Salad
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal – Based off an Eating Well Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (preferably olive or based or Walden Farms Brand)
- 1 cup low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large English cucumbers, diced
- 6 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 bunches of radishes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced.
- Whisk mayo, feta, chives, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add cucumber, celery, tomatoes, radishes, and onion.
- Toss to coat in dressing.
- Serve chilled and Enjoy!
Nutrition: Calories 206, Protein 10.3g, Carbohydrate 11g, Dietary Fiber 3.3g, Total Sugars 6.7g, Total Fat 12.4g.