I consume so much cauliflower…I think I might become cauliflower one day! It’s just so versatile and when it comes already riced in the frozen food section it saves me time!
So, this time around I decided to make cauliflower burger buns. Not just any burger buns, EVERYTHING buns! The salty bagel deliciousness with a juicy burger is exactly what I was in the mood for this week!
You can find premixed Everything Seasoning everywhere these days too. The container I currently have is from Trader Joe’s, but I have also seen it at Walmart.
These burger buns might take a little time to prepare but they are well worth it if you are low carb, keto, on Ideal Protein, or just trying to make healthier choices.
My favorite part is that they are robust enough that you can pick the burger up and eat it just like you would a normal bun – but there is no flour added at all!
Burgers with Everything Cauliflower Buns (No Flour Added!)
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
- 3-packages frozen riced cauliflower
- 3-large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp dried parsley
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 4-quarter pound burgers (beef, turkey, veggie – whatever floats your boat – I used beef this time)
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced Tomato
- Dill pickle chips
- Yellow Mustard
- Preheat your oven to 400-degrees and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare cauliflower according to package and allow to cool so that you can handle it.
- Use paper towels to wring all the water out of the cauliflower. You can read more about the technique HERE. The more water you get out the better it will turn out!
- Mix the wrung out cauliflower, eggs, salt, pepper, and parsley in a bowl until combined.
- Portion mixture on to prepared baking sheets. You are looking to make 4 sets of buns or 8 bun halves. The buns should be about 4-5 inches wide and about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Make sure to pack the mixture together the best you can and smooth out the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Then, flip buns over and top with everything bagel seasoning. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Flip the buns one more time and top the other side with everything bagel seasoning. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Once the buns are done allow to cool and prepare the burgers. For beef, I like to have them cooked to medium (over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes each side)- but if you are doing a poultry burger make sure to cook it all the through.
- Once the protein is cooked, assemble the burgers! Bottom bun, burger, tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, mustard, and top bun!
Tips: If you want to crisp the buns (maybe they have been in the fridge, etc.) toast them in a toaster oven or in a pan on the top of the stove. They will only need about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Serve with rutabaga fries to have the full “burgers and fries” feeling.
Nutrition: Calories 305, Protein 29.4g, Carbohydrate 8.1g, Dietary Fiber 3.4g, Total Sugars 3.3g, Total Fat 17g.