Just when I think there is nothing else I can use cauliflower for…I come up with a new idea – Cauliflower Muffins!
Yep! These babies only have 8 ingredients – none of which are bread or cheese. That means these muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, keto, low-carb, and a whole bunch of other diets friendly!
They are super easy to make and hold up well. You can pick them up and they won’t fall apart. I had these with some zoodles and bolognese sauce and they stood in for garlic bread. I feel like they would also be good for breakfast, to serve with soup, or just as a snack!
Cauliflower and Spinach Muffins
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
- 2 – 12oz frozen riced cauliflower, prepared according to package and wrung out (to learn more about the wringing out process visit this recipe!)
- 1 – 9 oz frozen chopped spinach, prepared according to package and wrung out
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Spray muffin pan liberally with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all other ingredients together.
- Place mixture into muffin pan, filling them to the edge.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Muffins should easily come out of the pan.
Tips: You could trade out any of the vegetables in the muffins – riced broccoli for the riced cauliflower or bell pepper for the spinach, for example. You could also add in diced ham or ground beef, turkey, or chicken for added protein.
Nutrition: Calories 62, Protein 5.5g, Carbohydrate 4.5g, Dietary Fiber 2.2g, Total Sugars 1.3g, Total Fat 2.8g.