It’s too cold outside to be eating salads all the time! So, I decided to change up my lunch routine this week with some Low Carb Beef Vegetable Soup!
I love good vegetable soup, however, they are usually carb heavy with the addition of potatoes and corn. So, I revamped the recipe to include more low carb veggie options including – bell pepper, celery, zucchini, green beans, and tomatoes.
AND to make it super simple I threw all the ingredients into the slower cooker and wished it luck! The luck must have been on my side because the soup turned out great! It tastes great, keeps you warm, and is perfect to pack for lunch! Enjoy!
Low Carb Beef Vegetable Soup
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
- 1 1/2 pounds of beef stew meat
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 beef bouillion cube
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 – 14.5 oz can of green beans
- 1 – 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 – 6 oz can of tomato paste
- In your slow cooker add all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6 hours – stirring occasionally.
Tips: Top with Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce!
Nutrition: Calories 220, Protein 27.2g, Carbohydrate 16g, Dietary Fiber 3.6g, Total Sugars 8g, Total Fat 4.3g.