There are all kinds of situations in life that make living healthy very hard. But, no matter what, You’ve Got This!
This is the start of a new series that will share ideas, tips, and tricks on how to survive those situations that challenge us! First up is Thanksgiving!
While we should be feeling thankful for all the great things we have on Thanksgiving let’s be honest…this holiday is all about the food! All holidays are surrounded by food, but Thanksgiving is all about that turkey dinner. If you are trying to stay on track how do you do it with temptations like stuffing, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, and any other dish that your family always makes!
Here are a few ideas that have kept me sane on Thanksgiving over the years!
- Tell your family what your goals are! That way they know why you aren’t eating all the things. They will be supportive no matter what!
- Remember that Thanksgiving is only one day and it will come back around next year. By this time next year, you could have already met your goal and can enjoy the holiday more.
- If you are going to cheat, make your choices wisely. Pick the one thing you think you can’t live without.
- Stick to the protein and the vegetables. Turkey is actually pretty good for you!
- Bring a side dish you know you can eat. Maybe try these!
I hope this tips and tricks will help you through the Thanksgiving Holiday…either way, You’ve Got This! 🙂
What other tips do you have? Please share them in the comments!