Another Wednesday…another new recipe for you to try 🙂
It’s getting cold outside and I am tired of eating cold salads, so I decided to make something warm to have for lunches! Casseroles are my favorite because they are super easy and great for meal planning. This one has an Italian twist!
Italian Zucchini Bake
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
- 4-5 large zucchini, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1.5-2 pounds ground beef, browned
- 1 jar no-sugar-added pasta sauce
- 1-14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- Toss diced zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- While the zucchini is roasting, brown ground beef and drain.
- When the zucchini is done roasting, combine it with the ground beef, pasta sauce, and diced tomatoes in a baking dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the parmesan cheese browns slightly.
Tips: For those Ideal Protein folks out there I kept the cheese light. However, you can add even more cheese to this by adding shredded mozzarella or some ricotta.
Nutrition: Calories 327, Protein 40g, Carbohydrate 6.7g, Dietary Fiber 2.2g, Total Sugars 3.2g, Total Fat 15.5g.