I love zoodles! And I love zoodles even more when I don’t have to zoodle a zucchini myself 🙂 So, when I found zoodles ready to go at Aldi, my day was made! This recipe idea stemmed souly from the fact that Aldi had zoodles in stock. Also, I wanted to make some protein sources for meal prep that I could freeze for later use.
So, I made a crap ton of meatballs, ate some of them last week, and stored the rest in the freezer for later.
If you like easy recipes, 30 minutes meals, garlicky deliciousness, and zoodles this recipe is for you!
Garlic Chicken Meatballs and Zoodles
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound zoodles
- 3/4 cup of no sugar-added pasta sauce (I like this one)
- Juice on 1/2 lemon
- In a large bowl mix togther the ground chicken, 2 garlic cloves, egg, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Form the mixture into meatballs.
- In a skillet, over medium/high heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add meatballs and brown until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the meatballs to a plate.
- In the same skillet add remaining 2 garlic cloves and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add zoodles, lemon juice, and pasta sauce – cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add meatballs back to make sure they are warm.
Tips: If you do cheese, topping this all of with Parmesan would be good!
Nutrition: Calories 473, Protein 45.8b, Carbohydrate 13g, Dietary Fiber 3.2g, Total Sugars 7g, Total Fat 28g.