Looking for a dish to take to your next cookout, family reunion, or get together this summer? I’ve got you covered. My friend Melissa made Cauliflower Tabbouleh this weekend for a cookout we had and it was a hit! I just had to have her share the recipe so I could share it with all of you!
This tabbouleh is light and perfect for a hot summer day. Plus, it’s super healthy! Works as a great alternative for potato or macaroni salad. And, it would be perfect for an Ideal Protein Phase 1 lunch!
Melissa's Cauliflower Tabbouleh
Recipe by: Melissa Cross for My Beautiful Ideal
- 1 head of cauliflower, raw – finely grated/processed
- 2 bunches of parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup mint, minced
- 2 cups of romaine, finely chopped
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the cauliflower or use a food processor (I recommend processing, its way easier!) Depending on the size of your processor you might have to do a few rounds to get it all done.
- Chop, dice, and mince all other ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours to allow flavors to combine.
Nutrition: Calories 142, Protein 2.4g, Carbohydrate 7g, Dietary Fiber 3.1g, Total Sugars 3.3g, Total Fat 13g.