Are you meal prepping? Having lots of people over? Then, this recipe is for you! My Spicy Crock-Pot Pork Lettuce Boats feeds 8 and is very affordable! All the ingredients in this recipe were purchased at Aldi and this recipe costs less than $2 per serving!
I put the pork in “lettuce boats”, but you could easily transform this recipe into a salad or serve it over cauliflower rice or zoodles. Any way you serve it, this pork is a great option for a healthy lunch or dinner!
Spicy Crock-Pot Pork Lettuce Boats
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
- 1/2 pork loin (4-5 pounds)
- 1 can Rotel, not drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 packet of Splenda
- Romaine leaves
- Pickled jalapenos
- Hot sauce/salsa
- Set up your crock-pot and make sure your pork loin will fit (depending on the type of crock pot, you might have to cut the loin into smaller pieces to fit it in.)
- Once pork is in the crock-pot, add all other ingredients – Rotel, chicken broth, bell pepper, onion, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, salt, pepper, allspice, paprika, and Splenda.
- Set the crock-pot on high for 4 hours.
- Remove pork from crock-pot and shred the meat. Place the meat back into the crockpot to sit in the “au jus”.
- To serve put individual lettuce leaves on a plate. Fill leaves with pork and top with jalapeno slices and hot sauce/salsa.
Nutrition: Calories 282, Protein 47.5g, Carbohydrate 5.5g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Total Sugars 2.5g, Total Fat 7g.