Here is another recipe that works great for meal prep! It hits all the marks – it’s a good source of protein, has plenty of veggies, there is minimal cleanup, and it only takes 30 minutes! My Old Bay Shrimp and Veggie Foil Packs!
Growing up in the state of Maryland it’s almost a prerequisite to love Old Bay! It is a state food staple. You can put that stuff on everything – seafood, fries, chips, chicken, burgers…and the list goes on and on. The smell of Old Bay literally smells like home to me! So, I decided to take my love of Old Bay and turn it into an easy meal prep recipe.
Using foil packs couldn’t be any easier. You can cook them in the oven, or if you have a grill, you could cook them there as well. Also, the veggie/protein combinations are endless.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and start to love Old Bay as much as I do 🙂 What types of foil packs have you made in the past? What are some of your favorite veggie/protein combinations? Let me know in the comments!
Old Bay Shrimp and Veggie Foil Packs
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
- 2 pounds raw shrimp
- 2 large zucchini, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Old Bay (amount to taste)
- 1 package frozen cauliflower rice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare all vegetables.
- Get one long piece of foil – about 16-18 inches – and lay flat on work surface.
- Place 1/4 of each of the vegetables on to the foil.
- Place 1/4 of the shrimp on top of the vegetables.
- Drizzle veggies and shrimp with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle your desired amount of Old Bay over all ingredients.
- Gather the far edges of the foil and roll together to close. Repeat the process on the other edges. Make sure foil packs are completely closed. You want to make sure no steam or liquid will escape while cooking.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining 3 packs – you should get a total of 4, one for each serving.
- Arrange all 4 packs on a sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the packs are baking, prepare the cauliflower rice according to the package.
- To serve, place cauliflower rice in the bottom of a bowl and pour contents of the foil pack on top.
Nutrition: Calories 293, Protein 37g, Carbohydrate 16g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Total Sugars 7g, Total Fat 10g.