Lately, meal prep has been the only reason I am sticking with my healthy eating plan! If I go to the effort of meal planning/prep and know that there is something good for me to eat I find it way easier to resist temptation!
I have been on an egg kick and was looking for a different way to prepare them. I had pretty much exhausted myself with the Mini Egg Frittatas! While still good, I wanted to change up my egg game. So I researched other ways to make eggs in bulk and many recipes for sheet pan eggs came up. The idea behind these recipes is to turn the eggs into breakfast sandwiches. Well, bread and I haven’t really been friends over the past few years, so I thought why not just turn them into omelets!
Omelets are one of my favorite breakfast items because you can change them up every time. You can do tomatoes and peppers one time, then do mushrooms and spinach the next. However, when making “real” omelets I usually don’t do well when folding them over and I just get scrambled eggs with veggies in them! 🙂
The sheet pan omelets are a fool-proof way to have a perfect omelet every time AND you can make 6 omelets at once!
Just a few quirks of this recipe that I think really helps make the eggs taste great!
- I blend my eggs when I mix them. I use an emersion blender, but you could use a hand mixer or upright blender to do the same thing. By blending the eggs it helps make them fluffy. No rubbery eggs here!
2. I preheat not only my oven but also my sheet pan. I find that this helps to cook the eggs more evenly. Also, you won’t have to cook them for as long! Again, this helps to not have rubbery eggs.
At this is it! Here is the recipe below, I hope you enjoy it! If you use other veggie combinations I would love to see what you come up with! What is your favorite type of omelet? What other ideas do you have for meal prepping breakfast?
Sheet Pan Omelets
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- Optional: Salsa for on top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place a large sheet pan (11 x 17) in the oven to heat up.
- While the oven and pan are preheating crack 12 eggs into a large bowl.
- Add water, salt, and pepper to the eggs and blend for about 30 seconds.
- At this point, the oven and pan should be at 325 degrees. Remove the pan from the oven (I just pull out the rack and leave the pan there so it’s easier!) and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Then, arrange the diced bell pepper and tomato evenly on the pan.
- Pour the eggs over the pepper and tomatoes and return the pan to the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Let eggs set for 2-3 minutes. Then, cut them into 6 large squares.
- To serve, fold the eggs in half (like an omelet!) and top with whatever you like. For meal prep, I store the eggs in Ziploc bags. Then, the day of, I microwave them for 45-60 seconds
Tips: Top with salsa for a spicy kick. If it’s in your diet topping with cheese or avocado would be good too!
Nutrition: Calories 129, Protein 11g, Carbohydrate 4g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 2g, Total Fat 8g.