I am always looking for ways to change up my protein options. I usually prep 1 or 2 proteins on Sunday to eat throughout the week. But, grilled chicken and ground turkey can get pretty boring after awhile.
So, when I came across SkinnyTaste’s recipe for Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, I was ready to make it Ideal Protein friendly!
To make this recipe align with Ideal Protein phase 1 I removed the carrot, panko, and blue cheese dressing. I added some other dry ingredients (paprika and parsley) to help hold the meatballs together. However, because I removed the panko breadcrumbs from this recipe the mixture will be on the loose side. Just form the mixture the best you can; they will cook up just fine!
And honestly…these meatballs are still delicious even with some ingredients removed! They are spicy and definitely remind me of a chicken wing!
Chicken Wing Meatballs
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 large eggs
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1/3 cup celery, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp of paprika
- 1/2 tbsp of parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, eggs, scallion, celery, garlic, paprika, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Form mixture into 18 -20 meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook meatballs for 16-18 minutes, or until cooked through.
- When cooked through toss in a bowl with Frank’s RedHot Sauce.
Tips: Serve with celery or a side salad to get all your veggies in. Also, you could get Walden Farms Ranch to dip in.
These meatballs freeze really well! Make a double or triple batch, freeze them, and you can pull them out whenever you need them!
Nutrition: Calories 380, Protein 43g, Carbohydrate 3g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 1g, Total Fat 22g.