Looking for a recipe that is super easy, tastes really good, and works well for meal prep? Then this Italian Mushroom Chicken is for you!
It includes two of my favorite ingredients – mushrooms and capers! The best part is that this recipe works perfectly for any type of healthy eating plan you are on – Ideal Protein, Keto, Whole30, etc.
The thing I like best about this recipe is you don’t miss the fact there is no gravy or sauce to go along with it. The mushrooms with their olive oil, garlic, and caper “dressing” are all you need.
Also, this recipe is a great one if you are just getting started with meal prep. It doesn’t take too long and you could make 2 servings or 10 servings in about the same amount of time.
I would love to hear/see when you make this recipe! Tag @mybeautifulideal on Instagram when you do!
What other meal prep recipes do you love? Please share them in the comments.
Italian Mushroom Chicken
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, thin cut
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Put all mushrooms on a baking sheet and season with half the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While mushrooms are baking – season chicken with remaining salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken on each side for 5-7 minutes. Set aside until mushrooms are finished.
- Combine olive oil, capers, and garlic in a bowl.
- Remove mushrooms from oven. Drizzle oil mixture over mushrooms and toss.
- Bake for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle finished mushrooms with lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve chicken with mushrooms on top.
Tips: Serve with a green vegetable to brighten up your plate!
Nutrition: Calories 400, Protein 53g, Carbohydrate 17g, Dietary Fiber 3.5g, Total Sugars 5g, Total Fat 13g.