No matter your Valentine’s Day status this year I think you need to treat yourself! Valentine’s Day (or as I lovingly call it – Single’s Awareness Day) can be another hard holiday for those of us trying to stay on our healthy path. Whether you have a Valentine or not the chocolate and candy hearts are everywhere!
So, I put together a super easy meal that you can make for yourself or your loved ones that will make you forget all about those sweet treats (I know wishful thinking…but this meal is pretty darn good!)
I am my own Valentine this year and I couldn’t have picked an easier meal to make. Here are just a few pointers:
- Pick a piece of beef that works well for marinating and grilling. I used flat iron steak, but you could also use rib-eye, t-bone, porterhouse, strip, top sirloin, or flank.
- You can make the marinade to your taste and add any number of seasonings.
- I used Green Giant’s Veggie Spirals to help make it easier.
I hope this recipe helps you to impress your Valentine and keep you on your healthy path through the holiday! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Easy Low-Carb Steak Dinner for Your Valentine
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 packets of Splenda
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 flat iron steaks, around 1 pound total
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 package frozen zoodles, prepared according to package
- In a large Ziploc bag add all marinade ingredients.
- Add steak to bag, zip the top, and mix bag around to coat steaks with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- After refrigerating remove bag and allow to come to room temperature.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or grill or any heavy pan) to medium-high heat.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side (steak will be medium-rare to medium – cook longer if you want your steak more well done.)
- In the last 3-4 minutes of cooking, add the tomatoes.
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow to set for 4-5 minutes, then slice.
Nutrition: Calories 461, Protein 48g, Carbohydrate 17g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Total Sugars 8g, Total Fat 22g.