One year ago today I put together my most popular blog post to date – my Lettuce “Burritos” with Mexican Cauliflower Rice.
I don’t know what made this recipe so popular…besides the fact that it is delicious and it embodies some serious low carb goals. But, I am glad that everyone has liked it, pinned it, and made it so many times.
So, to celebrate the recipe’s first birthday I wanted to repost the recipe and make sure anyone that may be new to My Beautiful Ideal gets to try it out too!
If you guys make the recipe I would love to see it! You can Instagram, Facebook, or comment! Are there any changes that you have made to the recipe that make it even better?
Lettuce “Burritos” with Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- 1-2 pounds ground meat (I used a mix of beef and turkey, but you can use whatever you have)
- 1 can of Rotel, drained
- 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 bag of frozen, riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Romaine hearts
- Pickled jalapenos
- Over medium-high heat, brown meat until cooked through. Drained excess grease from the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the Rotel and taco seasoning to browned meat. Mix to combine and heat through.
- Transfer finished meat mixture to a separate bowl.
- Add frozen, riced cauliflower to the pan. Cover and allow cauliflower to thaw for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salsa and heat through.
After you have made your meat and cauliflower mixtures you can assemble the meal however you want. You can make a salad, serve the meat over the rice, or make lettuce burritos like I have here.
For the lettuce burritos, pull leaves off the romaine heart and lay them on a plate. Fill the leaves first with the cauliflower mixture and top with meat. For extra heat, I like to add some pickled jalapenos. Depending on your Ideal Protein phase, etc. you can also add some shredded cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, sour cream, etc.
Nutrition: Calories 457, Protein 42g, Carbohydrate 13g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Total Sugars 6g, Total Fat 28g.