For this week’s recipe, I went in search of something involving pork. Boneless pork chops were on sale at the store and I had bought a large pack. I wanted to cook once on Sunday and have leftovers all week.
The basic recipe was there, but I wanted to push it even further and make it a true Ideal Protein/Low Carb/Keto recipe.
To edit the recipe I did a few things – I removed the onion, removed the butter, and used dried herbs versus fresh. The onion was removed because in Ideal Protein Phase 1 you are not supposed to have cooked onion. I removed the butter because you also not supposed to have that either. I used a non-stick cooking spray, but extra virgin olive oil would have worked too. The change in the herbs came down to the fact I didn’t get them at the store and I had dried available.
Even with these changes, the recipe turned out great! Super flavorful! I couldn’t even believe this was good for me!
I would love to hear from you if you try this recipe! Take a picture and tag My Beautiful Ideal on Instagram so I can see the outcome!
Pork Chops with Dijon Gravy
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal, Inspired by SkinnyTaste
- 4 pork chops (about 1 pound)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Spray the skillet liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove pork chops from the pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock making sure to scrape the bottom. Bring to a boil. Let boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Dijon mustard, parsley, onion powder, oregano, and pepper.
- Pour gravy over pork.
- Prepare cauliflower rice and broccoli according to the package.
- Arrange on a plate and enjoy!
Tips: While I chose cauliflower and broccoli you could serve this with whatever vegetables you want.
Nutrition: Calories 376, Protein 58g, Carbohydrate 16g, Dietary Fiber 8g, Total Sugars 6g, Total Fat 10g.