As promised on my Instagram here is my recipe for Rainbow Salad. (And if you are not following me on Instagram you really should! There you will see more of my day-to-day updates :))
I made this salad for a family reunion this weekend and it went over really well! Usually, at events like this, the healthy option isn’t the favorite…but everybody dug in and really seemed to enjoy it.
I have also made this salad for lunch. It’s an easy make ahead that is perfect for meal planning! It is easy to get 2 cups of veggies in with this delicious salad.
Recipe by: Jamie Boden at My Beautiful Ideal
For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 cup, Cauliflower, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup, Broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup, Red Cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup, Scallions, diced
- 3/4 cup, Red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup, Yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup, Celery, diced
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup, Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons, Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons, Lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon, Splenda
- 1 tablespoon, ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon, salt
- Toss all chopped vegetables into a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender. Blend until dressing looks creamy (emulsified) – about 45 seconds. You can also put all the dressing ingredients into a mason jar and shake for 1-2 minutes. (You will get a workout in too!)
- Pour dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate about an hour before serving.
Tips: Any mix of vegetables would work for this salad. Others to consider would be cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, Brussels sprouts, etc.
Nutrition: Calories 225, Protein 3g, Carbohydrate 13g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Total Sugars 5g, Total Fat 19g.