Looking for a super simple, 30-minute meal that is delicious, easy to clean up, and Ideal Protein friendly? Then you have come to the right place! Here is my take on Tasty on BuzzFeed’s Sheet Pan Steak and Veggies recipe.
At first glance, Buzzfeed’s recipe is a low carb dieter’s dream. But, for those of us following the Ideal Protein phase 1 protocol, all the ingredients don’t work for us. To revise this recipe I removed the carrots and onions and reduced the amount of oil used. I replaced some of the oil with nonstick cooking spray.
I imagine you could also prepare this recipe with chicken, pork, shrimp, or fish as well. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Also, other veggies would work well too like broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, zucchini, etc.
What is your favorite low-carb recipe? What other recipes would you like me to try and make low carb/IP Friendly? Let me know in the comments! I would love to hear from you 🙂
IP Friendly Sheet Pan Steak and Veggies
Inspired by: Tasty on Buzzfeed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bundle of asparagus, chopped
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 5 garlic gloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place tomatoes, peppers, and asparagus evenly on the sheet pan.
- Spray vegetables lightly with cooking spray and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Sprinkle 3 of the 5 minced garlic cloves on top.
- Roast vegetables for 15 minutes.
- Take the pan from the oven and push veggies to the sides of the pan.
- Place steak in the middle of the pan. Brush both sides with olive oil, season with remaining garlic and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place back in the oven for 10-12 more minutes. (This time will cook the steak medium-rare. Adjust cooking time to cook the steaks to your liking.)
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Plate veggies and steak.
Nutrition: Calories 402, Protein 51g, Carbohydrate 22g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Total Sugars 8g, Total Fat 13g.