The more weight I lose the more I want to be physically active. Every time I workout I think…wow! I definitely wouldn’t have been able to do any of this a 100 lbs ago! I do a mix of workout classes (with my workout buddies 🙂 ) that I find fun! The classes include Zumba, Strong by Zumba , Skyzone, and CycleFit. I am looking to try a Barre class soon. I find that the classes really motivate me, not only do I pay for them in advance…so I better get my butt there…but also, I don’t want to let down my workout buddies.
Over time I have accumulated a very well stocked gym bag, especially for those days where I go workout right after work. So I thought I would share with you what I keep stocked inside this baby…
First, let’s start with the bag. I picked up this Small Defender II Duffel at my local Adidas outlet for $19.99. I like this bag because its water resistant, has side pockets to store dirty clothes, and is roomy enough to store all my stuff. Plus, it’s my favorite color…because you know the color is really important 😉
Next, I have my workout clothes in the bag. Of course, this changes from day-to-day, but these have been my favorites lately:
The shirt and sports bra come from Old Navy. You might not think of workout gear when you think of Old Navy, but I would definitely give them a try. The items hold up pretty well and they don’t cost you an arm and a leg. One note about this sports bra…if you are of ample size up top you might need to double up with this one, I know I do. I am still on the look out for the best sports bra…so if you have any suggestions please let me know!!
The shorts come from Wal-Mart. Again, some people opt for the expensive workout gear, but I swear by Danskin gear from Wal-Mart. These compression shorts hold everything in and you don’t have to worry about pulling them up when you’re in the middle of a workout. I would highly recommend any of the Danskin stuff at Wal-Mart.
Also, not pictured are socks and sneakers. I like Adidas No-Show Socks and have two pairs of sneakers that I alternate between – a pair of New Balance and Nike.
Now moving on to all the small bits and pieces that I always keep in my gym bag…
I keep most of the items stored in a small makeup bag so it’s not rolling around in the bottom of the gym bag.
- My trusty water bottle
- My Ideal Protein snack/Amino Acid (AA) drink. If you workout frequently while on the IP diet, I would highly recommend the AA drink to have before or after your workout. It helps a lot of muscle soreness after the fact.
- Deodorant – the Degree Dry Spray is my favorite.
- Hand sanitizer – you never know who has touched what at the gym. For that Purell has you covered.
- Extra hair ties.
- Lip Balm – all that heavy breathing can sometimes dry out your lips, so I swipe on some lip balm when I am done working out. In this case, I have some Carmex handy.
- Face wipes – I am horrible at taking my makeup off before I workout. So these wipes can be used before or after your mascara has run down your face 🙂 I just use good old Wal-Mart brand.
- Shampoo and conditioner – in case you need to shower. I just used some hotel bottles I had from traveling.
- Dry shampoo – Dry shampoo is literally my favorite thing in the world. It can save you time until you get to fully wash your hair. I love Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Dry Shampoo.
- Gym towel – it’s always nice to have something to wipe up that hard-earned sweat with. I don’t have anything fancy, just an old hand towel.
- Face wash – similar to #8, but sometimes it’s just nice to at least wash you face post workout. Lately, I have been liking Clean and Clear Morning Burst.
- Hair brush.
- Soap – same as #8…again stole from a hotel bathroom 🙂
- Contact lens solution – if you are a contact wearer you probably have some of this stuff everywhere. You never know when a contact will decide to jump out of your eye.
And that’s it! I don’t use every item, every time I go to the gym…but it’s always good to be prepared. You don’t want to be stranded at the gym wishing you had something.
What do you keep in your gym bag? Do you have any workout gear that is your favorite? I would love to hear from you in the comments!