Brussels sprouts have a bad reputation. They remind most of us of being kid and having to each all our vegetables before being able to leave the table. However, if you think of Brussels sprouts as slimy orbs of gross-ness I urge you to try this recipe. Not only is this recipe super easy, it produces Brussels sprouts that are the opposite of what you are thinking! They are crispy and delicious! 🙂 These Brussels sprouts work as a perfect side dish for any meal!
Super Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb package of fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Optional toppings: sriracha, garlic, Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Trim Brussels sprouts, making sure to remove the outer leaves (the yellow ones). Then, cut the sprouts in half.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with oil, salt, and pepper
- Spread the Brussels sprouts on a lined baking sheet in a single layer, roast for 35-40 minutes. Stir the sprouts 1-2 times during roasting.
- Once out of the oven top Brussels Sprouts with desired toppings.
Nutrition: Calories 177, Protein 4g, Carbohydrate 11g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Total Sugars 3g, Total Fat 14g.
These Brussels sprouts are a great addition to any meal! If you have leftovers they are a perfect addition to a salad as well.
What is your favorite healthy side dish?